This league is organized to provide recreational enjoyment in the form of physical fitness and teamwork.
- National Federation of High School Association rules shall govern all league play.
- A team may only use players that are registered on their team. Teams that use unregistered players or players from another team will forfeit the game. Each team must have at least 4 players to begin the game otherwise they forfeit.
*** In the event of a forfeit, and only then, may a team pick up extra players – who are currently registered in the league – so a scrimmage game can still be played. This scrimmage game would follow the regular rules and expectations but would not be counted in the standings and results of the league. Regardless of the outcome of the scrimmage game, the forfeit would stand. ***
- Match Play – A match shall consist of 3 games to 25 points. Games must be won by 2 or more points or the first team to 30. If there is less than 15 minutes left in your hour at the start of the third game, it will be played to 15 points.
- Timeouts – Two timeouts of 30 seconds can be taken during each game.
- Let Serve – A ball that when served, hits the net and continues into the opponent’s court. The Let Serve is a playable LIVE BALL!
- Legal contact is a touch of the ball by any part of the player’s body which does not allow the ball to visibly come to rest or involve prolonged contact with a player’s body. No use of feet – unless foot is on the ground when the ball strikes it.
- All serves may be received in any form, INCLUDING an open hand finger pass. Serves may not be blocked (i.e. nothing above the head).
- A back-row player shall not participate in a block or an attempt to block.
- PENALTIES FOR ILLEGAL PLAYER ACTIONS – Point or side-out is awarded the opponent for illegal contact (Rule 6), not receiving serve “correctly” (Rule 7) or a back-row player foul (Rule 8).
- Touching the net and/or crossing the center line under the net is a violation. Exception: if it is the hand or foot that crosses the center line, the entire hand or entire foot must cross for it to be a violation.
- Libero – There will be no utilization of the LIBERO player.
- Ceilings & Obstructions – A live ball becomes dead when the ball contacts the ceiling or overhead obstruction on the other side on which the team is playing. The ball remains live if the ball contacts the ceiling on the side a team is playing the ball.
- A coin toss will decide which team takes the serve first.
- Teams are allotted 1 hour to complete a match, which includes a brief warm-up period.
- Teams shall change sides at the end of each game.
- Unsportsmanlike conduct will not be tolerated.
- You may continue to sign up players for your team until March 24. After this time you can only play with the players you have signed up on your team. Only registered players may play. Any team that plays a player that is not registered will forfeit the game.
- No player will be allowed to participate in the league until they have registered as a player via this website.
- All teams are required to wear the same color, matching shirts. No tank-tops. Each player should have a number on their shirt (on the back and front) to aid the scorer in keeping accurate stats. No form fitting clothing – e.g. spandex and yoga pants. Wearing shorts over the top of these would be acceptable. Any player with a uniform that does not adhere to these guidelines will not be allowed to take to the court.
- All teams are required to have a coach that is 21 years or older and who is responsible for the conduct/behavior of the whole team. This designated person must be a presence on the bench. The only exception is the team with a playing coach, who may fill the role on the court as a team player.
- A team will be awarded 1 point for each game won, and 1 point for winning a match. League standings will be available weekly.
- Wear only clean and dry non-marking shoes to the gym for games
- Pick up your litter and dispose of it properly after games.
- Remember to have fun!